My name is Florian Kurpicz (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org) and I am a postdoctoral researcher at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology in Prof. Dr. Peter Sanders’ Algorithm Engineering Group at the Institute of Theoretical Informatics. I received my PhD in Computer science from the TU Dortmund University in 2020, with a thesis on parallel text index construction under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Johannes Fischer.
I am working in Algorithm Engineering with a focus on Stringology and succinct data structures. You can read more about me and my research here, find a list of my publications here, check out my open source software here, take a look at my talks here, and see a list of courses taught by me here.
- 2022/09: I gave a talk on our preprint about packed and compressed hash tables at the 1. ACDA Workshop (slides, code)
- 2022/08: Our paper on bit vector and rank and select data structures using SIMD has been accepted at SPIRE 2020 (code)
- 2022/06: I presented results on massive text indices obtained in the SPP Algorithms for Big Data at the final meeting of this project (slides)
- 2022/04: This summer term 2022 I am independently teaching the lecture Advanced Data Structures (in German)
- 2022/04: I presented our group here at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology to new Master students (slides)
- 2021/10: This winter term 2021/22 I am independently teaching the lecture Text Indexing and the Stringology part of the lecture Algorithms 2 (in German)
- 2021/07: Our article on practical wavelet tree construction has been published in the ACM Journal of Experimental Algorithmics (code)
- 2020/11: This winter term 2020/21 I am independently teaching the exercise for Text Indexing, the proseminar on Parallel Algorithms, and the Presentation Skills Course (in German)
- 2020/08: Our video presentation for our paper on practical longest common extension data structures accepted at ESA 2020 is online (code)
- 2020/07: Creating Teaching Videos (Videos in German) more