My name is Florian Kurpicz and I am a postdoctoral researcher. I work in data structures and Algorithm Engineering in Prof. Dr. Peter Sanders’ Group at the Institute of Theoretical Informatics at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology.
I received my PhD in Computer science from the TU Dortmund University in 2020, with a thesis on parallel text index construction under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Johannes Fischer.
I am working in Algorithm Engineering with a focus on Stringology (algorithms and data structures for textual data) and succinct data structures. On this website, you can read more about me and my research, find a list of my publications, check out my open source software, take a look at my talks, and see a list of courses taught by me.
- 2023/01: Finally, our open access book chapter, a survey of scalable text index construction, is available online
- 2023/01: I presented our paper on PaCHash, a packed and compressed hash tables at ALENEX 2023 (slides, code)
- 2023/01: Our paper on bit-parallel wavelet tree construction using vectorized instructions has been accepted at DCC 2023 (code)
- 2022/11: I presented our paper on rank and select data structures on bit vectors at SPIRE 2022 (slides, code)
- 2022/10: This winter term 2022/23 I am independently teaching the lecture Text Indexing (in German)
- 2022/10: Our paper on PaCHash (packed and compressed hash tables) has been accepted at ALENEX 2023 (code)
- 2022/09: I gave a talk on our preprint about packed and compressed hash tables at the 1. ACDA Workshop (slides, code)
- 2022/08: Our paper on bit vector and rank and select data structures using SIMD has been accepted at SPIRE 2020 (code)
- 2022/06: I presented results on massive text indices obtained in the SPP Algorithms for Big Data at the final meeting of this project (slides)
- 2022/04: This summer term 2022 I am independently teaching the lecture Advanced Data Structures (in German)